I love watching the Olympics, which is confusing to everyone who knows me, given my well-documented aversion to sports. I’ll watch almost anything during the Olympics, but women’s gymnastics is my favorite. I’ve been a huge fan ever since I was eleven-years-old and Kerri Strug landed her famous vault in Atlanta.
I’m also a fan of leotard fashion. There was a great article on Buzzfeed about Team USA’s leotards recently. In the article, it’s mentioned that every gymnast was given eight different leotards to wear in competition. Naturally, I wanted to see if I could spot all of them.
I managed to find six (maybe seven):
- the purple leotard that the team wore in qualification (and maybe a pink version)
- the red leotard that they wore for team finals
- the pink leotard that Gabby Douglas and Aly Raisman wore when they competed in the all-around
- the white leotard that Gabby wore for beam finals and McKayla Maroney wore for vault finals
- the flag leotard that Aly and Jordyn Wieber wore for floor finals, and Aly for her beam final
- the silver leotard that Gabby wore for the uneven bar finals
Of course I’m dying to all eight leotards, so if I missed one somewhere, let me know in the comments!